MANHATTAN HOTEL's EXPECTATION OF YOU
YOU MUST HAVE WORKED AS A WAITER!
We are looking for someone who is without a doubt “Amazing”!
Amazing to us is someone who does the right thing even if no one sees them doing it, someone with integrity and good intentions. We believe that enthusiastic people are successful people as they have passion for life and are able to motivate themselves and the people around them.
We will expect someone with passion for Hospitality, who absolutely loves serving people!
“Are you amazing, Enthusiastic and would like to work at the BEST HOTEL in Pretoria?” If you are then this Career opportunity is definitely for you.
MAIN PURPOSE: Providing AMAZING service and care.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH PREVIOUS WAITER EXPERIENCE MAY APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
- Make sure your application is completed in full and that you’re CV has been uploaded in order for us to consider you application.
- Please note: Should you not receive a response within a two week period, your application has unfortunately not been successful. We will however keep your resume on record for future reference.
- Prepare restaurant for service, clean tables and sideboards, prepare mise-en-place, set up tables and carry out pre-service duties laid down by the Restaurant Supervisor.
- Greet and serve guests in a warm and friendly manner and is helpful and courteous at all times.
- Take orders for wines, aperitifs and other beverages. Obtain orders from the bar and serve to the guests accordingly. Refill glasses when required, changes ashtrays and ensures attentive service to guests. Ensure that all items served are billed to the guest’s account.
- Know all the items on all the menus offered and basic ingredients and method of preparation of each.
- Ensure that the standard of service is quick, clean and sufficient as set down by hotels standards.
- Is knowledgeable on various wines and the correct service procedures for all wines, liqueurs and beverages.
- Make sure that all equipment, crockery, cutlery and glassware are properly and efficiently utilized to minimize breakages and theft.
- Maintain the highest standard of personal hygiene and appearance, wearing the correct uniform and name badge at all times.
- To have a thorough knowledge of all facilities and services offered for sale by the hotel and complex in general.
- To work in harmony with restaurant staff and any department related to the restaurant operation.
- To attend training and meetings as and when required.
- To be familiar with the staff handbook house rules and fire and security procedures.
- All waiters will be rotated in the restaurant by the Duty Manager.
- Time keeping. Always adhered to you roster and be timeouts for work.
- To perform any other duties as directed by the Restaurant Supervisor/Food & Beverage Management.
- To be available to work overtime at the request of the Restaurant Supervisor/Food & Beverage Management.