MANHATTAN HOTEL's EXPECTATION OF YOU
We are looking for someone who is without a doubt “Amazing”!
Amazing to us is someone who does the right thing even if no one sees them doing it, someone with integrity and good intentions. We believe that enthusiastic people are successful people as they have passion for life and are able to motivate themselves and the people around them.
We will expect someone with passion for Hospitality, who absolutely loves serving people!
“Are you amazing, Enthusiastic and would like to work at the BEST HOTEL in Pretoria?” If you are then this Career opportunity is definitely for you.
Position: Linen keeper
Basic Functions: Stores and issues uniforms, bed linen and table linen also takes inventory and maintains linen room supplies
Relationship: Reports directly to Assistant Housekeeper and Executive Housekeeper
Duties and Responsibilities:
During your shift:
- Places linen and uniforms in containers for transport to laundry.
- Sort's items and counts and records number of items soiled.
- Examines laundered items to ensure cleanliness and serviceability.
- Sends torn articles to the seamstress for repair.
- Stores laundered linen and uniforms on shelves after verifying numbers and types of articles.
- Issues linen and uniforms, which are both to be exchanges on a clean-for-soiled basis only.
- Counts and records linen to fill requisition.
- Check periodically the condition of hotel linen and uniform.
- Should know basic tailoring works.
- Periodic inventories of linen and uniform.
- Ensure that the linen and uniforms are neatly and systematically arranged and stacked.
- Give on the job training for new joiners.
- Receives, sorts and double checks conditions of all linen and uniforms, records all outgoing and incoming from the laundry thoroughly before storing and issuing.
- Separates linen or uniforms that need repair and / or special treatment and forward it to the tailor and/or Laundry Manager for immediate action.
- Distributes cleaning rags on a dirty to clean basis.
- Assist Linen Room/Uniform Supervisor in checking quality and quantity of all new incoming textiles to ensure they meet the Hotel's specifications and provide new incoming stocks with accurate stamps.
- Reports to the Executive Housekeeper when stocks reach the minimum for order purposes.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Hotel's Employee Rules & Regulations.
- To Report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- Performers any other duties as assigned to him/her.
- Make sure your application is completed in full and that you’re CV has been uploaded in order for us to consider you application.
- Please note: Should you not receive a response within a two week period, your application has unfortunately not been successful. We will however keep your resume on record for future reference.