MANHATTAN HOTEL's EXPECTATION OF YOU
We are looking for someone who is without a doubt “Amazing”!
Amazing to us is someone who does the right thing even if no one sees them doing it, someone with integrity and good intentions. We believe that enthusiastic people are successful people as they have passion for life and are able to motivate themselves and the people around them.
We will expect someone with passion for Hospitality, who absolutely loves serving people!
“Are you amazing, Enthusiastic and would like to work at the BEST HOTEL in Pretoria?” If you are then this Career opportunity is definitely for you.
Position: Housekeeping Supervisor
Relationship: Reports directly to the Assistant Housekeeper and Executive Housekeeper
Duties and Responsibilities: Floor Supervisor will be responsible for maintain guestrooms, working areas, and the hotel premises in general in a clean and orderly manner. Also coordinating daily housekeeping operations and maintaining the housekeeping operating standards. You are also responsible for supervising room attendants to deliver an excellent Guest satisfaction and experience. On time to time basis may also be required to assist the Housekeeping Manager in various activities.
Beginning of shift:
- Clock in receive report from Reception
- Do a head count of all staff - Glass washers, scullery.
- Assign rooms: Daily allocation of rooms and deep cleaning tasks to team members. Responsible for smooth operation of the floor assigned.
- Assign Houseman and maintenance: Responsible for the performance of Houseman. Cleaning Focus Point or Special Project for the Day
- Do daily line up and appearance standards
- Key assignment
During your shift:
- Count linen and issue clean for dirty back to the GRA, to ensure that rooms are done in timely matter by the GRA and that the linen is being recheck for any stains and damage
- inform Executive Housekeeper in case of damaged or misused linen by the Guest and make sure that charges have been made.
- Take trolley back to GRA on their allocated floors.
- Hand over room assignments sheets to the GRA and give feedback regarding VIPs', service points, cleaning focus points.
- Check guest and staff laundry and make sure that all laundry has been handed over to the outsource laundry.
- Check rooms: Routine inspection of guest bedrooms to ensure they meet standards. Checks the occupied and departure rooms, giving special attention to guest needs.
- Update rooms on a regular basis at the front desk.
- Organises and facilitates the room making process.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of guest rooms, corridors and heart of the house area of the floor..
- Ensures that the entire operation is performed as per the laid down standards.
- To organize immediately the guest needs under intimation to EHK/Executive.
- Manage guest requests, including VIP amenities and communicating them to the relevant team members
- Achieve positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Carry out lost and found procedures.
- Report maintenance issues to Maintenance/Engineering Department.
- Assist Housekeeping Manager with training requirements.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships.
End of shift:
- Receive trolley back and recheck on used stock: Aware of all room categories and amenities.
- Check equipment and cleaning supplies
- check on occupancy and that staff levels are sufficient for the following days needs
- Schedule Supervisors according to following days occupancy.
- Sign in keys and secure
- Make sure your application is completed in full and that you’re CV has been uploaded in order for us to consider you application.
- Please note: Should you not receive a response within a two week period, your application has unfortunately not been successful. We will however keep your resume on record for future reference.