MANHATTAN HOTEL's EXPECTATION OF YOU
We are looking for someone who is without a doubt “Amazing”!
Amazing to us is someone who does the right thing even if no one sees them doing it, someone with integrity and good intentions. We believe that enthusiastic people are successful people as they have passion for life and are able to motivate themselves and the people around them.
We will expect someone with passion for Hospitality, who absolutely loves serving people!
“Are you amazing, Enthusiastic and would like to work at the BEST HOTEL in Pretoria?” If you are then this Career opportunity is definitely for you.
- All staff is expected to be on time for the start of their shift.
- Continues absenteeism and late arrival on shifts will not be tolerated as it affects the whole department.
- A high standard of personal hygiene and appearance must be maintained an all times.
- Co-operation with colleagues and management is expected at all times.
- A smart appearance is to be maintained at all times by wearing the correct uniform and maintaining a friendly and courteous attitude towards all guest, Management and staff.
- To assist guest with their luggage. If storage of luggage is requested it should be done in an efficient manner.
- Helping any conference delegates with equipment and/or conference materials.
- Delivering messages and parcels promptly and courteously to the correct department.
- Directing guest to their rooms/conference venues.
- Advising guests of the Hotel’s facilities and ensuring each guest knows how to operate particular appliances.
- To ensure that the lobby, business center and luggage room is neat and tidy at all times.
- To be security and safety conscious at all times.
- To deal with guest enquiries promptly and efficiently by maintaining up to date information.
- To assist with other departments promptly and efficiently, ensuring that information is transferred correctly.
- Help the receptionist on duty by cleaning the keys used by guests.
- Water of the plants in the reception area on a daily basis.
- Luggage trolleys to be polished daily.
- Informing reception if luggage tags are finished for them to order more.
- Sending faxes for guest when requested by Front Office personnel.
- All porters must be at the reception are at all times and inform the reception staff if leaving the reception area.
- Help reception with the glassed for the welcome drinks that guests receive on arrival.
- To help out with reception duties when requested.
- To assist management with any reasonable requests whenever necessary.
- To follow all procedures in case of a fire or evacuation.
- Must have complete knowledge of all the facilities that are available to the customers.
- To be polite and friendly at all times, creating a welcoming atmosphere by means of facial expression, tone of voice and greeting.
- Make sure your application is completed in full and that you’re CV has been uploaded in order for us to consider you application.
- Please note: Should you not receive a response within a two week period, your application has unfortunately not been successful. We will however keep your resume on record for future reference.