MANHATTAN HOTEL's EXPECTATION OF YOU
We are looking for someone who is without a doubt “Amazing”!
Amazing to us is someone who does the right thing even if no one sees them doing it, someone with integrity and good intentions. We believe that enthusiastic people are successful people as they have passion for life and are able to motivate themselves and the people around them.
We will expect someone with passion for Hospitality, who absolutely loves serving people!
“Are you amazing, Enthusiastic and would like to work at the BEST HOTEL in Pretoria?” If you are then this Career opportunity is definitely for you.
Position: Assistant Housekeeper
Relationship: Reports directly to the Executive Housekeeper
Duties and Responsibilities: Assistant Housekeeper main purpose to assist the Executive Housekeeper to ensure smooth operation of the Housekeeping department and to ensure all company standards are maintained with regards to the ROOM, PUBLIC AREAS, LINEN ROOM by achieving maximum satisfaction at all times, from our guest and our staff.
Beginning of shift:
- Clock in receive report from Reception
- Do a head count of all staff - Glass washers, scullery, Public areas and Room attendants?
- Check on the Assigned rooms: Daily allocation of rooms and deep cleaning tasks to team members. Responsible for smooth operation of the floor assigned.
- Check and assist to Assign Houseman and maintenance: Responsible for the performance of Houseman. Cleaning Focus Point or Special Project for the Day
- Random checks - Do daily line up and appearance standards
- Daily checks - Key assignment
During your shift:
- Staffing and Administration
- Training and development
- Purchasing and operating equipment
- Supervision and co – operation
- Check up on the tasks that the night shift done
- See that all is in order with the public areas, enough toilet papers and that all is clean and in working condition.
- Go and check up on all the conference venues.
- Check if there were any problems during last night and check the handover book.
- Do a spot check on all equipment used by housekeeping.
- Attend the meeting with the housekeeping ladies and Supervisors.
- See if we are on track with the yearly cleaning schedule.
- Attend the morning meeting.
- Does a check up on amenities and cleaning supplies and see if we need to order.
- Do some room checks.
- See that passages are vacuumed and free of any marks.
- Do the updating of rooms on the system.
- See that the cleaning schedule is been followed.
- Do the time tables as well as leave for employees.
- Do the paper work that is supposed to be done on a daily basis.
- Follow up on any queries, regarding lost property and room stock etc.
- Receiving of the room keys list and see that all are handed back.
- Receiving of the vacuum cleaner checklist and check.
- Receiving of amenities not used.
End of shift:
- Make sure all rooms are updated on the booking system
- Do a handover to the late shift
- Check on occupancy and that staff levels are sufficient for the following days needs
- Schedule Supervisors according to following days occupancy.
- Sign in keys and secure
- Make sure your application is completed in full and that you’re CV has been uploaded in order for us to consider you application.
- Please note: Should you not receive a response within a two week period, your application has unfortunately not been successful. We will however keep your resume on record for future reference.