MANHATTAN HOTEL's EXPECTATION OF YOU
We are looking for someone who is without a doubt “Amazing”!
Amazing to us is someone who does the right thing even if no one sees them doing it, someone with integrity and good intentions. We believe that enthusiastic people are successful people as they have passion for life and are able to motivate themselves and the people around them.
We will expect someone with passion for Hospitality, who absolutely loves serving people!
“Are you amazing, Enthusiastic and would like to work at the BEST HOTEL in Pretoria?” If you are then this Career opportunity is definitely for you.
- Punctuality. All staff are expected to be on time for the start of their shift.
- Attendance. Continues absenteeism and late arrival on shifts will not be tolerated as it affects the whole department.
- A high standard of personal hygiene and appearance must be maintained an all times.
- Co-operation with colleagues and management is expected at all times.
- All guests are to be greeted on arrival in a courteous and friendly manner, ensuring that the registration is completed with the correct information and that the correct rate has been given.
- To assist guests with general inquiries regarding the hotel and local facilities by maintaining up to date information
- To answer all calls in a friendly and efficient manner, transferring the calls to the relevant departments and helping with any information that is needed.
- To operate the Front Office system in an efficient manner, ensuring all charges are posted to the correct accounts, all invoices are correct according to Hotel procedures.
- To make sure all guests are helped in a speedy and friendly manner.
- To carry out all shift duties and to fill in the shift report on a daily basis during the shift.
- To liaise with other departments, ensuring all information is related accurately.
- To maintain a smart appearance and pleasant attitude towards all guests at all times.
- To be responsible for the float and money taken whilst on duty, with complete honesty and accuracy and to ensure that it is banked correctly at the end of each shift.
- Do a daily pit check and make sure all other relative filing is done.
- To ensure that any reservations that have been made are correct with all the details recorded.
- To ensure that the Front Office is neat, clean and functional at all times.
- Deal with queries/complaint in a very professional and efficient manner.
- To liaise with housekeeping daily regarding late departures, extended stays and any special requests.
- Check the float on arrival of shift and hand over to the next shift. The handover book must be used to pass on information to the next shift working.
- Make sure all transfers that are booked with you are in the transport book and that they are charged on the right accounts.
- To inform management of any problems and other relative departments.
- To assist with emergencies as they occur with total decorum and calmness.
- To assist Management with any reasonable requests whenever necessary.
- Must have complete knowledge of all the facilities that are available to the customers.
- To be polite and friendly at all times, creating a welcoming atmosphere by means of facial expression, tone of voice and greeting.
- Must pay attention to all customers needs at all times and deliver prompt service to the highest possible standard.
- Must always deal with clients in an efficient and professional manner.
- Deal with complaints in a professional and efficient manner, and involving management if you are not able to resolve the problem.
- Make sure your application is completed in full and that you’re CV has been uploaded in order for us to consider you application.
- Please note: Should you not receive a response within a two week period, your application has unfortunately not been successful. We will however keep your resume on record for future reference.